Cherry Coconut Jam
Jam goes anytime! For breakfast at teatime – with bread, homemade baguette or scones, or for example in our easy jam bundt cake.
When I stoned our self-picked cherries, I thought coconuts and cherries should go well together.
So I tried out and found it very good! 🙂 So here is the recipe!
- 1 kg cherries
- 500 g jam sugar 2:1
- 400 ml coconut milk, canned
- juice of a lemon
- dash of coconut liqueur
Add cherries, jam sugar and lemon juice in a big pot and mix.
Boil for about 10 minutes until soft. Stirring occasionally.
Rinse jars with boiling-hot water.
Blend cherries with a hand blender.
Add coconut liqueur and bring to boil once more.
If there is a foam on top, skim off.
Fill in prepared jars and close immediately.
- The pot has to be big, because the boiling jam will rise and boil over.
- Jars have to be very clean. I place the jars in the sink and pour boiling water over.
- I pour the hot jam in a 1-litre jug, it’s then easier and cleaner to fill in the jars.
- Careful! The jam is really hot!
Maggi & Family
I used this stoner utensil for the cherries. Works very well! Basically it doesn’t matter which utensil you use, you will always have a mess. With this handset, you can be sure that you have no stones in the cherries. (Afiliate Link)
Works well with olives too!
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] We had lots of cherries this season, we made a crumble cake with cherries and marzipan, not to forget our cherry coconut jam. […]
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!